Monday, August 12, 2013

Eminent Frog Porridge @ Lorong 19 Geylang, Singapore

Good day!  It was a fruitful trip day hunting for good bargains for jogging shoes in peninsular, and some camera add-ons . So during dinner me and my friends were really hungry and decided to go eminent frog porridge to check out what is the hype is all about.

Eminent is quite popular among the locals for frog porridge. As for myself I don't really fancy frog porridge, I have also tasted a fairbit of other frog porridges in Geylang area but non strike a chord in me.  So anyway head down to  lorong 19 at Geylang . Nearest mrt will be Aljunied or kallang mrt station. For tourist I think is better to get a cab because most cab drivers will know this place, finding this place can be a 30 min- treasure hunt saga. You can actually see tons of signage  bearing their restaurant's name upon reaching.


So we reach at 840 pm, and surprisingly the patrons are going on strong. We order for 2 Pax of one of flavor which is the clay pot with dried chili style. e. Meanwhile while waiting we can smell the nice aroma of the soya sauce of the grid porridge. Yes smelling the aroma while waiting for the dish is quite anticipating.Waited around 8-12 mins, then the food is serve, the portion is generous , nicely stewed in a clay pot , the frog that they use is not small but decently size. Other ones I tried has no neat but too much bones. I don't know if the method of cooking is stewed to not.  But  do careful with the gravy when mixing with the porridge as too much of gravy might be too salty .

We finish up the frog porridge in 15 mins. Overall the food taste good to me, I would definitely bring or recommend friends to come nex time :) . We paid 19 Sgd 2 person. 






After savoring , we sat down for a while just to let our belly settled and see some eye candies while chitchating. Getting a cab from this place is no problem in this area. 

 Ooh u can buy some fruits at this area too , as most of the fruit stalls here are distributors to restaurants . So prices are reasonable  for fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment